Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sprocket cushion - completed



I finally finished the Sprocket cushion - from the Saturday Social.

I really enjoyed choosing the colour combinations, which go really well with my living room and my sofa.

The project romped along very easily - until sewing the buttons on (which pulls the cushion in in the centre making it lovely and puffy). I like a very puffy pillow - but I may have over done it with the fibre fill. Cluck, Cluck Sew recommend using embroidery thread to sew the buttons on (as it is stronger than sewing thread), but even that was not up to the job on my cushion and kept breaking (arrrggh). I finally had to use upholstery thread and an extra, extra long needle, but we got there in the end - phew.

Hope those of you who had a go at this project enjoyed the process - we'd love to see your finished cushions!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, actually i love everything you do.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete