Friday 1 April 2011

Owl #2

"Chipper" - the heavyweight owl 

This is as, promised, the door-stop version of the cute owl that I posted earlier this week. Want to have a go yourself? I made both my owls from a slightly tweaked version of these beautiful instructions from Moonstitches

You only require a small amount of three fabrics (so this project won't eat into your fabric stash too much). You'll also need some embroidery thread/floss/silk, some cardboard, 2 buttons and some stuffing ( for this door-stop I used a combination of polyester wadding (from an old clumped pillow that needed throwing out - I teased out the clumpy wadding so that it didn't make my owl lumpy - how's that for recycling?)
and dried beans (well beyond their best before date, so more "greeny" points for me).

Both the standard version and the door-stop version were super quick to sew, so you could easily fit this project into an laid back crafting hour - happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment