Saturday 16 April 2011

The Saturday Social - Embroidery Basics



Welcome to the Saturday Social (Designer Remnant's favourite tutorial from around the web).

This week we have found this fantastic online course from Mollie Johanson at Wild Olive. The photographs are beautiful and clear.



The course, so far (it is an ongoing course) has covered fabric and thread selection, what needles to use, basic stitches, transferring patterns and colour selection.

It has really helped with my latest project...


My Mexican day of the dead embroidery is coming along great guns (pattern is from Urban Threads where you can find the coolest hand embroidery patterns to download for $1 each).

So if you fancy giving embroidery a go, or you just need a refresher course - check out Embroidery Basics and you'll be embellishing every bit of fabric you own in no time at all.

Have a great Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot how much you love mexican day of the dead ... looks great, can't wait to see it finished. Not embroidered but have done tons of cross stitch
    Just wish I more time to do it again and more ...

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is going to look great. I can't wait to see the finished article! I must get around to digging out my embroidery frames

    Becs x

    ReplyDelete